What Is MicroNeedling?
Microneedling is an AMAZING treatment that has little downtime (approximately 24 hours), little side effects that include mild erythema and possibly a little swelling, but deliver powerful results.
There is very little discomfort because topical lidocaine anesthetic cream is used for patients’ comfort. Please be advised that multiple treatments will be necessary – typically at least 3, and then every 6 months to a year to maintain. Most patients that have acne scarring may require more treatments; however the number sessions depends on the patients skin condition; typically three or four treatments are recommended. Typically most patients are scheduled to return every 4 to 6 weeks for treatments.
Microneedling is generally a safe, chemical free procedure that triggers new collagen production utilizing the micro channels produced by micro-needling. It can also be performed on all skin colors and types, it can be the preferred treatment over our laser skin tightening treatment as there is no risk of burning. Skin micro-needling can treat sensitive and fragile areas that are difficult to treat with other procedures. These areas include the eyes, the neck, and the back of the hands.
Here at Renu, we use the Eclipse Micropen which has an adjustable needle depth to customize the treatment. It is a medical device used in micro-needling to break down old scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. There are 3 different mediums that we use with micro-needling:
- HYALURONIC ACID (HA)
- GROWTH FACTORS
- PLASMA RICH PLATELETS (PRP)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Acne Scars
- Hair loss
- Cellulite treatment
- Loose, lax skin
- Skin texture and pore size
- Stretch marks
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Medical grade titanium needles makes it non-allergenic to human tissue
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin
- It can be used on all areas of the scalp, face, body including fragile skin like around eyes, mouth and neck
- Improves Skin Texture And Reduces The Appearance Of Wrinkles
- Acne Scars
- Pore Size Reduction
- Improves The Appearance Of Stretch Marks
- May be pregnant or nursing
- Using Accutane or within the last 3 months
- Have any kind of current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex in the area to be treated
- Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the last year
- Have any history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing
- Collagen problems- or any diagnosis with collagen concerns